Friday, April 6, 2012

CANES Tournament

Who Do You Play For?!?!?!
Last Home Rugby Tournament of the Season.  I missed the tournament in Sharja the week before due to week without walls, but we had this home tournament to play in which determined the final standings of the league before the Final Finals. (Confusing yes... I know).



Since I had been playing on the A squad for a number of games and we now had more girls to put together a B squad, I played on both. I would generally come in at half time and play in the second half of the A squad games, and then go and start the B squad games.  Overall it was a great day with a tiring 9 games of Rugby in all!!

Beating the Jebal Ali Dragons yet again
The last game we played in the B squad against Abu Dhabi, I ran towards a girl and she palmed me square in the face, causing an instant bloody nose. I thought it was broken, but in the end it was completely fine. Barely any bruising and the swelling went down after loads of ice was put on it.  I wasn't allowed back on for that game, but I was able to play in the last game for the A squad and even scored a tri!
It was a wonderful day of Rugby- Canes taking another first place with zero tri's against us! Now we will go into the final tournament as the team to beat!
Champions- Dubai Hurricanes- #1 Women's Rugby League

No comments:

Post a Comment