Wednesday, April 4, 2012

RAK Half

My first 1/2 marathon in the UAE, took place in an Emirate not far from Dubai.  It was a beautiful day running 20 k through the streets of downtown Ras Al Khaimah.  It was said to have been the flattest 1/2 marathon corse in the world and also a "Gold Standard" race, bringing in top half marathoners from all around the world. I was proud to have finished in under an hour.  Going from mile marks to kilometer marks was a bit challenging at first, but I was happy to get my kilometer time down and remain constant throughout the race- finishing in 50 minutes.


 I was glad to have tagged along with Saif and Colleen as then I didn't have to drive all the way back to Dubai. When we returned home we had a great breakfast at Saif's house on the Palm and then went home to crash.

No comments:

Post a Comment