Friday, April 6, 2012

TRACK & FIELD



Me and Lee
A little T & F anyone??  Well the "spring season" is finally here and I couldn't have been more excited to begin coaching TRACK & FIELD!!!! Only the best sport on the planet.  When I signed up to coach T & F I didn't realize that it would only be for 8 WEEKS!!!! Plus my WWW trip was in there as well as Spring Break!!! Which really only leaves us 6 weeks of true T & F practice.... depressing! The shortest season ever, but I came to realize at our last home meet- ECC (Emeriates Coastal Conference)  that you really wouldn't want to go much past April or the heat is unbearable!  Now we are just looking forward to MESAC (Middle East South Asian Conference) which is coming up fast and hosted by our rival Dubai School, DAA (Dubai American Academy).
At ECC- The American School of Dubai, where I teach and coach, won all their divisions against the surrounding schools, and everyone had a great time. Many records were broken and new personal bests were set. It was a great day all around! Proud of my ASD track stars, especially the throwers, now that I have gone over to the dark side.... of coaching throwing. ;) Miss you my fellow E-town athletes and EC track days.
Wouldn't be a Track meet without my Walkin Taco!







My first twilight meet in Abu Dhabi-a beautiful night and a great first time cultural experience coaching track & field across the street from the largest mosque in the Middle East all the while the -Aadhaan "call to prayer" is playing in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment