Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Moshi-Tanzania-Africa

Waka Waka Eh Eh... this is Afrika!!

Christmas finally came around and I spent a week in Africa visiting Tanzania and Kenya. During my time in Tanzania I met a bunch of wonderful people, especially a few females- my age, all traveling alone. It was wonderful to realize I'm not crazy, and I'm certainly not the only girl in her late 20's to do such a thing. We had a great time relaxing and drinking by the pool, walking through the villages, shopping, and visiting the local orphanage to play with the children. They were adorable children ranging from just a few months old to 16 years of age- helping take care of the younger ones.


 I was also able to visit a local school for the Maasai, they showed me around, the women huts, where the men prepare the food, and the children loved showing me where the animals sleep at night. I was also able to learn about their cultural traditions and how their families are structured.  I found out how to get involved with volunteer teaching during my summer months as it would be great to go back to Moshi one day, and stay with the Maasai.

Helping out with the daily chores

No comments:

Post a Comment