Tuesday, April 3, 2012

KENYA- Africa

When my time was up in Tanzania I took a flight over to Nairobi, Kenya. There I spent another week at Lake Navasha and Hell's Gate National Park with Chris, an old friend from my EC days. He was working there at the time doing some mud logging for a geothermal company.
I hung out with his friend Amelia while he was at work and now she may be planning a layover in Dubai!  We had some great times- hiking little mountains, (which I should have done BEFORE Kilimanjaro for better preparation) drinking Amarulla for the holiday season, and taking our own safari adventures!!!

I saw hippos, giraffes, water buffalo, zebras, monkeys, chettahs, a leopard, warthog, rhino. We even saw a hyena on our way home from the pub. I was even able to skype home on Christmas Eve just in time for my families "traditional" holiday jello shots. Never again shall I spend Christmas away from home.













It was nice hanging out with Chris again and catching up on old times. When it was time to leave we took a ride back into Nairobi, and I was able to visit a Giraffe Sanctuary and the national park. In the end I was very glad to have finally made it to AFRIKA!

2 comments: